Friday, November 2, 2007

Saturday Mornings

I vaguely remember that as a kid, I used to actually get excited about waking up on Saturdays. It was all about the cartoons, of course. Back then, it didn't take much to get me out of bed.

Now, no matter what time I wake up (and as a night person, I like to sleep in), I spend most of my Saturday mornings hiding out at home, being generally cranky, and waiting a few hours for my brain to realize I'm awake.

But, this past Saturday morning, one disgustingly cheerful and alert "morning person" was bringing me home from his house and we stopped somewhere for breakfast. Somehow, he forced me to really look around. And, I noticed something.

"Everyone here looks so happy."

I suppose I was like the deaf man hearing the sound of sound for the first time.

Then, something else struck me.

"Not only do they all look happy, but everyone seems so pleasant.....You know, I think I like humanity, right now."

And so, he tells me, "You really need to get out on Saturday mornings more."

Maybe, I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment