Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Emasculation

I know of a photographer who ended his career for a woman. Once they got serious she decided that it was no longer okay for him to be around models all the time. And, he agreed.

So we're clear, I don't personally know this photographer. I only know about this because he put it on his online portfolio to explain why he wasn't in business anymore. Wow. Not even a little embarrassed by this. Is there a point where you are just so whipped that you don't even care who knows it anymore? Fascinating.

I don't try to make men change their careers or lifestlye. I'm not crazy enough. I believe that this not being crazy is a choice, not necessarily something you're born with. But, sometimes I wonder....I know some women who are crazy but seem quite happy that way. And, their hen-pecked men seem happy. I've seen long relationships like this and though, everyone will say they feel sorry for the guy, I think maybe they shouldn't feel so sorry for him, because he doesn't seem like an unhappy person.

I can't get that image out of my head, of that photographer, so humbled and proud of the fact. Sometimes, when I find myself being annoyed by some asshole who's out to prove something about himself, I think it would be nice to strip a man so completely of his masculinity. Goddamn it, why do I have to have a conscience?

No comments:

Post a Comment